howdy.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hello. Here I am almost a year into our move and am just deciding to write it all down. Or is it that I'm just now getting around to it? Anyhow, here I am. In all of my "just climbed out of bed/I need a glass of tea/can I pull this dirty hair off just one more day" glory. But we'll overlook that this one time, because there are more important things to talk about. Like, maybe my family. I have a tiny family; a talented, caring, sweet husband and a smart, talkative, white-haired, lovey two year old. We live in a tiny town in Tennessee. In a small house. With two cats. Anything I'm missing? Oh, and we own a farm. Not an animal farm - yet - but a u-pick farm. And our ultimate dream is to build a house there and grow our own foods and learn so much our brains are all full of good stuff. You know - about farm animals and gardening and bees and plants and birds and trees and greenhouses. And to truly know which came first - the chicken or the egg. I dream about the day I have my farm and can hear someone driving down my gravel driveway from 1/2 mile away. Ahh, the happiness my heart will feel. I cannot wait. But I have to. In the meantime, I will write. About our adventures where we are now. And how our path winds us around and plants us at the Greenbriar Farmstead, as I'm lovingly calling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment